tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Bednarz <l...@bednarz.ch>
Subject Preload of servlet does not work with Tomcat 5.5.15
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 06:19:10 GMT
I have a silly problem:

I defined the following in the web.xml of my web application:

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>MTWInit</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>ch.smartsol.mtweb.servlets.MTWInit</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>MailConfiguration</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/config/Mail.properties</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

This servlet is NOT loaded at all. This is true for the following
situations:

- when running in Eclipse (with MyEclipse IDE) debugger, the breakpoints
in the servlets init() function are NEVER hit
- when running tomcat as service (under Windows) no log entries are
written which means init() is never called

Any idea what could be wrong??

Tom