tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Shuttind down an embedded server does not clean up properly.
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:55:39 GMT

Ok, it took me a while, but I eventually got it working -- maybe it'll
help someone.

Indeed the problem is related to a left-over stale connector. If you
have a keep alive TCP connection then even shutting down the entire
engine leaves the connection open and active. I suppose this should be
taken into account in connector shutdown methods -- the master thread
should wait for all slaves to finish (by join()-ing them?). Setting a
volatile termination flag doesn't work for keepalive connections.

My workaround to this problem was to set the connector to no-keepalive
mode (it is perfectly fine in my application). So:

connector.setAttribute("maxKeepAliveRequests", "" + 1);

Dawid