tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Geller <bgel...@earlyResponse.net>
Subject Re: Jars not being loaded from WEB-INF/lib
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 00:37:13 GMT

The jar files were in WEB-INF/lib right from the start.  This web app is
in the exact same location as it was for NetBeans 4.1 (Tomcat 5.5.7)
and the jar files are loaded perfectly.   I did a clean build for
NetBeans 5 ( Tomcat 5.5.9 ) but the jar files are not been loaded.

I found nothing about "reload" in server.xml.   I am guessing this would
only effect telling Tomcat to restart?   Since I have shut down and
reopened Tomcat about 5 times and it still does not work,   I am guess
this is not the issue.  If I am missing something here please let me
know.    I really do not like the idea of putting my jars in
CATALINA_HOM/common/lib.

Barbara

> Have you restarted your tomcat, after placing the jar's inside WEB-INF/lib?
> Try setting relaod="true" in your context declaration (conf/server.xml)
>
>--
>Manivannan Palanichamy
>http://geocities.com/manivannan57

I have several jar files in my WEB-INF/lib that worked perfectly. With Tomcat 5.5 the jar
files are not being loaded. If I copy them to CATALINA_HOME/common/lib then it works.