tomcat-users mailing list archives

From V D <st946...@drexel.edu>
Subject [OT] How to write/use Tomcat's war classloader
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:35:45 GMT

We have a sizable war file (|unpacked|) that needs to be run in certain
way outside of Tomcat.  To do this, we created a classloader which works
Ok except that it's very slow (using JarFile).  I know that when deploy
apps in Tomcat, I can specify it to not to unpack (|unpackWAR =
"false").  However, Tomcat load and run the apps quickly. I looked into
Tomcat source, the org.apache.catalina.loader package and could not find
anything like that.  I see WebappClassLoader, but it seems to load from
an unpacked war, not packed war.  Does Tomcat actually unpack the war
before loading the app?  If not, could someone point me to the right
place to look, or give some advice on how to write this thing faster?

Thanks,

-vd