tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Making an LDAP connection available to a web application
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 20:04:18 GMT
Hi all,

There are lots of tutorials available explaining how to make a JDBC
database pool available to a web application.

I cannot however find any tutorials explaining how to do the same thing
with a JNDI/LDAP connection.

Sure, there are lots of tutorials explaining how to secure your webapp
using container managed security, but this isn't what I am looking for.

I would like my web application to make queries and changes to an LDAP
directory, and I would like the LDAP connection to be defined in
server.xml, the same way I can do it with JDBC.

Does anyone know whether this is possible?

Regards,
Graham