tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rajeev Jha <>
Subject Re: Rephrased: Maximum number of simultaneous HTTP connections
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:00:17 GMT
If the thread servicing your request blocks, the browser will not quit.
The browser would wait the min( browser time-out ,response stream is
closed). this is the trick many people use.

doGet(request, response){
    out = response.getOutputStream();
   // when you write something
  out.write(bytes) ; out.flush(); response.flushBuffer();
 // block on some notification

>>> Remy Maucherat schrieb:
>>> But you said that the connection will not close, when the doGet() or
>>> doPost() method returns, which of course make a lot of sense. Otherwise
>>> Persistent connections would not be possible at all.
>>> So if that's true, then I should be able to write to the
>>> OutputStream of
>>> the HttpResponse at a time, when the doGet() and doPost() method has
>>> returned.
>>> Why would it not work?
>> The connection would not close, but all the objects provided by the
>> Servlet API are only accessible during the execution of the service
>> method of the Servlet. For example, in Tomcat's case, these are
>> recycled.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message