tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rajeev Jha <>
Subject Re: Rephrased: Maximum number of simultaneous HTTP connections
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:18:30 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

>Yes, but you need the 5000 or so threads to do this, and there's no
>workaround. So it is the real problem since it forces you to use
How about bypassing the servlets alltogether?
we can take any exisitng http/ajp13 connector code and replace the
servlet container service calls with our own hooks (i.e. chat backend).
The  # of open sockets  would still be very high but number of threads
servicing these sockets can be controlled.
what would be the biggest concern in writing such a connector ?

>Rémy Maucherat
>Developer & Consultant
>JBoss Inc
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: