tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rajeev Jha <jha.raj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maximum number of simultaneous HTTP Requests / Performance
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:58:02 GMT
NBIO will not help very much ;o)  we are running such an application
and want to migrate to apache/tomcat. The issue is, all the
optimizations you hear about are done from the request's side which is
of not much use in this case. The limiting factor would be
 * how many connections can you open
 * so many threads for so many connections [* main issue due to idle
time waits*]
 > I guess I could try just to open 3000 threads on my machine
i would be interested in this, how the system behaves with 3000 open
idle-wait blocking threads.

100-200 / box is very realistic. we maintain connections based on screen
name and in case of failures, user is migrated to a different machine.

Thanks
Rajeev.