tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Schulz <sch...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: tools.jar not in CP (Tomcat 5.5.15)
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 03:08:02 GMT
yes,  I understand that Tomcat 5.5 uses the JDT compiler (by default).
Nonetheless, the doc still says that tools.jar is loaded - and of
course, if Tomcat is running
under a JRE, it will not be there (ok, fix the documentation).

I, that is the external jar using the javac, will use the default class
loader, which should
then work, provided this is running under the JDK and the documentation
is accurate.

One of the variants I did try and failed was to stick tools.jar into the
shared/lib directory.
I can see why that's maybe not such a splendid idea and/or prohibited,
but heck, what _do_
I need to do to get access to tools.jar ?  And firstly, why is the
behavior different on Windows
and Solaris?  Nominally these are the exact same versions, 1.5.0_06.

I thought there would be someone out there, who has seen this behavior
before?

Thanks!
   Martin