tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Flanagan <a.flana...@surrey.ac.uk>
Subject noverify option for Tomcat 5 Service
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:42:36 GMT

Hello

I need to use the -noverify option for Tomcat running as a service. I am
able to add this option when I run it by launching the startup.bat script
and this works properly, as shown below:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS%
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file="%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties"
-noverify

I have tried in vain to make the service (tomcatw.exe) work in this way. I
tried:

tomcat5/exe //US//tomcat5 ++JvmOptions -noverify

but it did not work. I also tried typing the -noverify option in the "Java"
tab on the Tomcat service console window but this did not work either. (I
was restarting the service, and sometimes rebooting the PC after the
changes). I have even tried amending the registry keys without joy.

Do I need to re-install the service after an installation of Tomcat itself?
Are there Windows permissions (admin rights) issues to deal with also?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.