tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aria Bamdad <A...@biostat.bsc.gwu.edu>
Subject Changing tomcat's group
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:55:40 GMT
Hi,

I have several applications running in different directories.  Each
application is owned by a different linux owner/group.  In order for
Tomcat to be able to read these files to serve them, the Tomcat has
as it's secondary groups, the group names of each application.

The problem I am having is that when any of the applications create
a file, the file created has the owner/group tomcat:tomcat which
prevents the application owner from accessing the file directly
(as a logged in linux user).

How do others address this problem? Is there a way to have Tomcat
dynamically switch 'group' before serving somthing from each application?

Thanks in advance.