tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kingston Sew <kingston...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.24 - Out of memory
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:51:26 GMT
HI All,

My name is Kingston.

I am currently running Tomcat 4.1.24 on Windows 2003 Server (SP 1)
with jd2sk1.4.2_04. The application accesses a MS SQL Server 2000
through a JDBC driver.

Tomcat loads properly and the application can be accessed. However,
after a half a day and a number of users accessing the application
I get the error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. The number of users
accessing the application is around 50 at any one time.

I am starting the tomcat via the service. The server has 2GB of ram,
out of which SQL Server is taking 800 MB.

What I have also noticed during my testing is when I open
the application and access the screen, the memory usage keeps
increasing.

Any ideas on what is the cause of the problem?

Kingston Sew