tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Todd Huss <th...@greatschools.net>
Subject Setting sessions to only use cookies
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:25:16 GMT
Is there a way in Tomcat to configure it to only use cookies for sessions and
disable jsessionid URL rewriting? I'd like to use c:url in my application so
that I can deploy the war anywhere and it will rewrite the base path propely.

However, the URL rewriting with jsessionid's is problematic for search engines
because crawlers generally don't accept cookies so they index pages with
session id's in the URL which is bad for SEO. A quick google search shows how
bad the problem is with millions of pages containing jsessionid in the URL:

http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl%3Ajsessionid

Resin has an option to address this in the config file:

<enable-url-rewriting>false</enable-url-rewriting>

Anything similar in Tomcat?

Thanks,
Todd
http://gabrito.com