tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat5 with OpenSSL_APR
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:30:09 GMT
hung ngole wrote:
> Hi,
>   When reading Tomcat 5 Documentation, I see that: "Windows binaries are
> provided for tcnative-1, which is a statically compiled .dll which includes
> OpenSSL and APR".
>
>   I have just customized some OpenSSL algorithms and I rebuilt OpenSSL
> successfully.
>
>   Now, I must rebuild the file "tcnative-1.dll" to configure Tomcat to use
> SSL.
>
>   How can I do this,

Haven't done this on Windows for a long time. But IIRC it boils down to
- Download and build the APR:
http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi
- Build tomcat-native[1]. The source distribution contains project files for
Visual Studio in jni/native. You'll propably have to configure the locations
of OpenSSL and APR you have previously built .

Regards
  mks

[1] It's propably a good idea to download the latest tomcat-native sources:
http://tomcat.heanet.ie/native/1.1.2/source/