tomcat-users mailing list archives

From fmiddle...@verizon.net
Subject Container-Managed Password Expiration/Strength enforcing?
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:43:46 GMT
I am running Tomcat 5.5.12. I Use the sever's container-managed authentication mechanisms to
require authentication for my web application users' credentials via forms. The users' ids
and passwords
are stored on an MySQL database.

My question is, is there a way of configuring the server to require users to change their
passwords every now and then enforce rules to require users to make their passwords strong?
This doesn't seem to be
documented in anywhere. I know that the source code is available but I don't know anything
about the inside of Tomcat and wouldn't know where to begin for coding this myself.

Renny