tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Davide Romanini <>
Subject Re: EJB
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:39:56 GMT
Il giorno ven, 07/04/2006 alle 12.52 +0530, Vivek Mohan ha scritto:
> Can you do that? I thought Tomcat doesn't support EJBs!

You can embed the EJB container (like OpenEJB), or simply refer EJB in a
running container through JNDI. I read some tutorial, try starting from

However, I really can't find any good reason to add EJB bloat to an
existing web application, it really doesn't add benefit, if you need to
access an existing external EJB I think you can through JNDI with
appropriate configuration, if you want to add some service without using
a full application server (like JBoss), there are many better
alternatives like Spring container or Hivemind.

Davide Romanini

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message