tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <fmiddle...@verizon.net>
Subject Container-Managed Password Expiration/Strength enforcing?
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:48:25 GMT
I am running Tomcat 5.5.12. I already use the sever's container-managed authentication mechanisms
to require authentication for my web application users' credentials via forms. The users'
ids and passwords are stored on an MySQL database.

My question is, is there a way of configuring the server to require users to change their
passwords every now and then enforce rules to require users to make their passwords strong?
This doesn't seem to be documented in anywhere. I know that the source code is available but
I don't know anything about the inside of Tomcat and wouldn't know where to begin for coding
this myself.

Renny