tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael McQuade" <m.mcqu...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Tomcat Security....
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 13:54:49 GMT
Dumb question number 2 of the Day folks....  I'm a programmer, not real
swift on the security side of life....  I have Tomcat  (5.0.28)running on my
server at home,  to develop an application.....  I now want to open up my
Server to the Internet,  so potential clients can demo my product from their
office.....  Now I'm not rich, so I can't afford a separate Web Server....
Can anyone tell me,  do I need to use separate products  to secure my server
from hackers, obviously I just want access to the App programs and the
database they are using....  I really have no clue about this area of
expertise....  Also, does my Database need to reside within the Tomcat
heirarchy on my Hard drive,  or can it simply be in
C:\mysql\database........

Thank You for any help you can provide me....

Mike