tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander E Genaud" ...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Precompiling JSPs with Tomcat 5.5.12
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:07:23 GMT
I am using Tomcat 5.0 and have added the JSPs to the WEB-INF/web.xml
file as follows:

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>MyJsp</servlet-name>
    <jsp-file>/MyWebApp/MyJsp.jsp</jsp-file>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

While I learned about this feature from BEA's website, it seems to
pre-compile the JSP's in Tomcat as well.

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/webapp/web_xml.html

about halfway down in servlet, search for "jsp-file".

This precompiles when you deploy the webapplication, so you will not
get compilation or parsing error reporting, but we never make errors,
right?

Alex
--
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities
-- Fran=E7ois Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

--
Alex