In short, Tomcat does. You're missing some elements in that file. Here's an example jspx file: NOTE THIS LINE. It tricks Internet Explorer into displaying the page properly (not just xml) <h:outputText value="#{TestBean.cssPath}"/> -----Original Message----- From: Matthew Giannini [mailto:mgiannini@thunderhead.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:02 PM To: users@tomcat.apache.org Subject: How do i use xmlns directive for including a taglib with Tomcat? Hi, I am trying to get this simple JSP page to work using the xmlns method of including a tag library. I noticed that all the jsp2 examples with Tomcat 5.5.x do not use the xmlns method, but they use taglib directives like : <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %> However, I would like to do the following so that my JSP page is XML complient: This JSP page below simply displays a table with the headings only. If I remove the xmlns:c and insert the taglib directive like above, this will work (i.e. it will display the dynamic content using the tags correctly). Can somebody please tell me if Tomcat 5.5.x does not support the xmlns method of using tag libraries, or help me understand where I am going wrong? Many thanks in advance, Matthew giannini JSP Tutorial Stuff
Value Square
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org