tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hannes Hein" <kamik-...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: install tomcat under linux (java problem)
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:10:26 GMT
Hallo Wolfgang,

there is no longer a java problem (sorry but the thread began with that
problem).

>>  callisto:/srv/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/bin/jsvc-src# make
>> make -C native all
>> make[1]: Entering directory
>> `/srv/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/bin/jsvc-src/native'
>> gcc -g -O2 -DOS_LINUX -DDSO_DLFCN -DCPU=\"i386\"
>> -I/usr/local/java/jdk1.5.0_06/include
>> -I/usr/local/java/jdk1.5.0_06/include/linux -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
>> -c jsvc-unix.c -o jsvc-unix.o
>> In Datei, eingefügt von jsvc.h:20,
>>                     von jsvc-unix.c:17:
>> /usr/include/stdio.h:34:21: stddef.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
>> gefunden
> [...]
>
> For those who don't speak German: "Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
> gefunden" translates to "File or directory not found". My guess is that
> something is wrong with your C development tools. Perhaps the
> configure-script could not find your headers as there are no entries in
> the gcc output containing something like -I/usr/include. Are you sure
> you have your libraries set up properly?
>
> Check whether your compiler works by compiling following program:
> ------------------------------
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main(){printf("works\n");}
> Command line: cc -o c-test c-test.c

I tryed your simple code and in fact is seems to be a problem with the
header files.
That means the libraries aren't set up properly.

But I always used SuSE Linux before, and SuSE is very easy and does
anything necessary for you, so my problem is now: I don't know which
libaries I have to install to compile the tomcat daemon.

Hannes