tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hannes Hein" <>
Subject Re: install tomcat under linux (java problem)
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:26:17 GMT
Initially it was a java installation problem because I used the
jdk...rpm.bin file from sun that in fact doesn't work with debian ( see: ). I had
to use the jdk...bin file, now java runs correctly.

>> From: Hannes Hein []
>> Subject: install tomcat under linux (java problem)
>> I try to install tomcat in the way it is described here:
> Note that this section is for running Tomcat as a daemon; does Tomcat
> run properly on your system when using the standard script (
> See RUNNING.txt in the Tomcat home directory.

I know that this is for running Tomcat as a daemon, and I want Tomcat to
run as a daemon.

> Can you run javac by itself to compile a simple program?

Yes. javac runs correctly.

The problem 'configure: error: installation or configuration problem:
javac cannot compile' is solved now as java runs correctly, but it still
doesn't compile the sources and I have absolutely no idea why (see
attached file for make output).

View raw message