tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hannes Hein" <kamik-...@gmx.net>
Subject install tomcat under linux (java problem)
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:29:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to install Tomcat 5.5.15 on a linux machine (debian 3.1 r0a).
I installed Java 5.0 already.

According to java and tomcat /etc/environment contains the following two
lines:
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06
CATALINA_HOME=/srv/apache-tomcat-5.5.15

I try to install tomcat in the way it is described here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html

My problem is:
if I call ./configure everithing runs fine until the following error
message:

checking for javac... /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/javac
checking wether the Java compiler (/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/javac)
works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: javac cannot
compile

Can someone help me? I don't know what's wrong!

thanks
--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/m2/