tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Schildbach <>
Subject Re: per-webapp logging problem with Tomcat 5.5
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:43:24 GMT
Boris Unckel wrote:

> I have a workaround:
> You provide a in your webapp. All relevant parameters are
> controlled per system -D properties.

A workaround for what? Providing a in my webapp is
exactly what I'm trying to avoid. What's the relevant parameters, and
how can I control them using system properties? I'm sorry for this lot
of questions.

If your workaround works, I'm happy. Otherwise, I'll take the bitter
pill of customizing my webapps after deployment. I'm thinking of
creating a batch in one central place that creates the configs.

Either way, I plan to file an enhancement request at SUN. Logging on the
server side is flawed from the beginning to the end, and I think the
next servlet spec should do away with that. I'll keep this list posted.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message