tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
Subject Re: per-webapp logging problem with Tomcat 5.5
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:07:34 GMT
Hello Boris,

thanks for your answer.

> I could not see any error but one:
> handlers = 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
> 2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
> 3app1.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, 4app2.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
> java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
> as first line (aside from comments) of your logging.properties.

What is that line good for? How is it different to the ".handlers" line
I've already got in my logging.properties?

When I insert your line, the following happens:

Some events are indeed logged to app1.xxx.log and app2.xxx.log. However,
most events are logged to catalina.xxx.log.

Here is what goes to the correct log:

Feb 26, 2006 11:41:21 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
Feb 26, 2006 11:42:02 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Loading WebApplicationContext for Spring FrameworkServlet
'front_controller'
Feb 26, 2006 11:44:27 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Feb 26, 2006 11:44:27 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: Closing WebApplicationContext of Spring FrameworkServlet
'front_controller'

Here are some examples of what goes to the wrong log:

Feb 26, 2006 11:41:22 AM
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader
loadBeanDefinitions
INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/webContext.xml]

or

Feb 26, 2006 11:41:34 AM
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean
afterPropertiesSet
INFO: Building new Hibernate SessionFactory

Could it be that all libraries I use go to the wrong log?

 >> Do I need to have unique numbers as a prefix to app1 and app2? (could
 >> I use 0app1 and 0app2?)

Do you have an answer for this question?

Regards,

Andreas