tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: Detect expired server certificate
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 03:46:32 GMT

"Jihwan Kim" <> wrote in message
>Thanks Bill,
>1.  My client doesn't throw an exception if the client and server's cert is
>identical and both are expired. If only one of them is expired, it thorws
>exception. I want to detect the expired situation even if both side are

Well, you could call HttpsURLConnection.getServerCertificates() and check
:).  But if your connection is being masked by Axis, this probably won't

>2.  WebLogic detects expired cert. So, it means JSSE doesn't do this but
>does WebLogic have its own code to detect this?

Probably.  It's not too bad of an idea, actually (and not too hard to do :).
When I can find where I put my spare cycles, I might even add it to Tomcat

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message