tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk on Apache 2.2.x
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 03:20:30 GMT

"JupiterHost.Net" <mlists@jupiterhost.net> wrote in message
news:43FDEBBF.4020601@jupiterhost.net...
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the newbie post but I'm finding conflicting data (or no data ;p)
> about this (I'm trying to RTFM and STFW but swimming in a sea of
> cluelessness)
>
> a) Will mod_jk work on Apache 2.2.x ?

I know it compiles against it (it even compiles against 2.3.x :).  However,
I've never tried it, so I don't know.

> b) Where is 2.2.x support/installation into apache (as DSO or static)
> documented specifically?

It's pretty much identical to the 2.0.x stuff (i.e. the mod_jk code is
identical for all 2.x versions of Httpd).  However, the real question is:
Why would you lose hair over setting up mod_jk, when you have mod_proxy_ajp
already installed in Httpd?