tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Giorgio Clavelli <>
Subject Re: Problem with installation
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:05:19 GMT

I'm not sure what your problem with the manager is, but about the
this is what I'm using on my localhost installation and it works.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
  <user username="yourUserName" password="yourPassword"

Note, it is the 'admin' rolename that allow the admin page to work.
About the documentation, if you haven't not found it yet, I strongly advise
you using this forum archives at
I too found the documentation not very newbies friendly, but it is not that
hard a while. However, I also this book that for me is good