tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Georges <Bruno.Geor...@glencore.com>
Subject Re: Desperate for help with isapi_redirect.dll
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:19:46 GMT
Mark

The are few good, comprehensive ressources on the web for ISAPI filters,
MSDN provides API documentation and code examples, but the most helpful was
[for my problems] to look at the .h [isapi, winnet,..] from visual studio.

There is a guy from MS whose online blog helped me a lot when writing ISAPI
filters, David Wang, you can find him on:
http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/default.aspx

Hopes this helps.

With Best Regards
Bruno Georges

Glencore International AG
Tel. +41 41 709 3204
Fax +41 41 709 3000

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Mark Thomas     |
|         |           <markt@apache.or|
|         |           g>              |
|         |                           |
|         |           02.02.06 01:06  |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Tomcat Users|
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                     |
  |        cc:
                               |
  |        Subject: Re: Desperate for help with isapi_redirect.dll
                               |

  |Distribute:

  |Personal?               |-------|

  |                        | [ ] x |

  |                        |-------|

Mark Thomas wrote:
> You will need to send the war directly to me rather than to the list
> as it will get stripped out.

OK. Test war received. IIS installed (I'd be lost without VMWare).
ISAPI 1.2.15 installed. ISAPI configured to talk to Tomcat 5.5.x HEAD.
I can reproduce the problem. (So far so good ;)

Next steps are to see if I can build the .dll locally and then try the
windows equivalent of remote debug.

I warn you now the last time I did anything with C at all was at uni
and that was a long time ago. It was much simpler than the ISAPI code.
It might take me a little while to figure things out.

I'll start looking at this with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow.

In the mean time, if anyone can point me at a copy of the ISAPI filter
interface spec on the web I would be grateful.

Mark

LEGAL DISCLAIMER. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are strictly
confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a
named recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying
to this email inserting the word "misdirected" as the message and delete this
e-mail from your system.