tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marc Wentink" <Ma...@dsaict.nl>
Subject RE: Where does Tomcat expect me to put my class file, or jar file?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:04:08 GMT

> I won't recommand putting classes in /share unless really needed (shared
> libs poses problems

For now, only that one servlet will run in Tomcat.

> Tomcat 5.5 works also on jdk 1.4 (just add the compatibility package as
> stated in doc)

Ok. And the performance is a lot better?

> Mmm your intraner is instanciating java application which return html
> results? Clearly the job of a servlet ;)

No the java program creates a pdf file that is then uploaded. The rest of our environment
is C++ CGI scripts running on a Linux Server with Apache.

> But if you comme from j2se environment, you might need to grab a few
> courses on web-tiers, jsp and so on before messing around!

No time. I have to finish this in a few days. I am blindfoldedly walking in a labyrint I have
to exit in a few days. The work experience is very intersting though I wished I had more time
to study all of this.