tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alan Honczar" <a...@appi.com.br>
Subject RES: need suggestion about jdk 1.4 logging in Tomcat
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 20:44:28 GMT
tomcat-juli.jar works fine under Tomcat5.0 too.

I could not put x4juli.jar running... the WAR of the sample application did not open. The
properties did not work at first, and after fixed, did not work at all. I will stop spending
time on it, all right Boris?

Thank you all!

Do anyone know of any standard or possibility of standard for this behavior of logging in
contexts?

Thanks again.

Alan Honczar

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Alan Honczar [mailto:alan@appi.com.br]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 3 de fevereiro de 2006 15:04
Para: Tomcat Users List
Assunto: RES: need suggestion about jdk 1.4 logging in Tomcat

Yes, I did not bother... sorry.

I was using 4.0 and 5.0, not 5.5.

I upgraded Tomcat to 5.5 and tested my application.

Fisrt of all, I commented my call to LogManager.readConfiguration(InputStream), and put my
logging.properties under WEB-INF/classes in order lo let Tomcat read the file.
Everything worked fine.

But I think it will only run under Tomcat. So, I will keep looking into x4juli.jar to find
a general solution.

Thanks all!

Boris Unckel, I am testing x4juli.jar. I will send you the results.

Thanks again.