tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe McTigue" <Joe.McTi...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: webapps/ROOT
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:16:36 GMT
Hi Chuck,

Sorry to bug you again.
But all I was asking was, "do you know where in the tomcat5.5 core
download
The servlets.jar is located so I can set my $CLASSPATH to it?

If you do, It would be greatly appreciated if you could share this with
me.

Thanks, I know how important your time is...

Regards,
Joseph P. McTigue
CBC Innovis, CIA Department
Joe.McTigue@CBC-Companies.com
(614) 538-6032

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 12:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; chadmichael@excite.com
Subject: RE: webapps/ROOT

> From: chadmichael@excite.com [mailto:chadmichael@excite.com]
> Subject: webapps/ROOT
>
> a) what is the standard purpose and use of the
> webapps/ROOT context

It's the default application for the host.

> b) why would someone want to deploy their app to this location

So that end users can use just the host name, and don't have to know an
app name.

> c) what are the consequences of such a deployment? any?

Loss of the standard Tomcat welcome page is about it.

This is the recommended way of deploying the default app for a given
host.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.