tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abhilash Kumar <abhilashku...@aimshospital.org>
Subject No of concurrent requests per session
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:43:17 GMT
Hello:

 I am using Tomcat 5.0.30 with HTTP 1.1 Connector. If I try to make a third request while
two other request's (which i have already made) responses have not yet arrived, then Tomcat
is not serving the request until one of the pending response arrives. This limits me to only
two pending requests (irrespective of the webapp) at a time.

 My front app is like a dashboard which integarates multiple web apps of which some are reporting
apps which requires 4 to 7 minutes to process a request and some are data processing apps
which requires only seconds to process the request. Assume the user clicks on two reporting
links which open up as new windows from the main app window. Now when he clicks on another
link irrespctive of the webapp, nothing happens until one of the reporting request's response
is arrived. This problem appears only if the requests belong to the same session.

Any pointers / advices will be greatly appreciated.

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.