tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ian Shafer <>
Subject Load testing with Tomcat 5.5, Apache 2.2 and mod_proxy_ajp
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 06:50:05 GMT

I'm currently load testing a webapp running on Tomcat 5.5 that is
fronted by Apache 2.2 and uses mod_proxy_ajp to communicate between
the two.

I'm seeing some odd behavior that I cannot explain.

I have this line in my httpd.conf file:

ProxyPass /webapp/ ajp://localhost:8009/webapp/ min=256 max=256

and in tomcat I have maxThreads set to 256 for both my HTTP connector
and my AJP connector.  For some reason, though, I still get a message
in my tomcat log saying:

ERROR TP-Processor4 org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool - All
threads (256) are currently busy, waiting. Increase maxThreads (256)
or check the servlet status

Why does this happen? I thought my 'max=256' setting in httpd.conf
would only 256 connections at once.

Also, if anyone has any experience with setting up Apache and Tomcat
for very high performance, I would appreciate any pointers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message