tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Klotz Jr, Dennis" <DKl...@empirix.com>
Subject RE: RE: context.xml
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:32:55 GMT
Thanks Warren, Tim and Charles,

Right now I'll leave it as $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml since at this
time I'm only deploying one webapp. I had hoped to make it webapp
specific, but oh well...

If I do end up having more webapps I'll create a shell script (linux OS
here) that copies a webapp specifically named context.xml to the proper
place(s) during upgrades/installation.

Thanks for you help with this.

Maybe one day, if it does not go totally against the designers'
philosophy we can have a persistent webapp specific context.xml. (Hint
Hint) :)

-Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 8:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: RE: context.xml

> From: Klotz Jr, Dennis [mailto:DKlotz@empirix.com]
> Subject: RE: RE: context.xml
>
> I am hoping to find a place for a context.xml to live where it will
> never get deleted. That a customer can change and when we give them a
> new war file, the context.xml changes that they have made will stick
> around.

Perhaps you could provide your customers with an installation package
that provides the .war file and a master context copy for editing
somewhere outside of Tomcat, along with a deployment script that copies
both the .war and the edited context file into Tomcat.  [Sorry, that
sentence was way too long...]

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.