tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rik Claesen" <rclae...@hotmail.com>
Subject classloader issue?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:22:06 GMT
hi,

I'm having a problem with Tomcat 5 with the security manager activated:
"javassist.NotFoundException: java.lang.Object
javassist.ClassPool.get(ClassPool.java:374)
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.getCtClass(CtClassSource.java:52)
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.CtClassSource.newClass(CtClassSource.java:62)
  ..."

It looks like someone in the javassist.jar cannot find java.lang.Object in
the rt.jar

Can it be, that when the security manager is activated, a classloader used
by javassist cannot find the classes in rt.jar due to security restrictions?

Do I have to move the javassist.jar to another location? if so where?

This simple thing is driving me nuts because all works fine when the
security manager is not active.

My eternal gratitude for the one who can help me.
Rik