tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Faist" <bfa...@oneil.com>
Subject RE: caseSensitive on Windows XP
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:32:34 GMT
Try this:

<Context caseSensitive="false">
  <Context path="/V2D" docBase="V2D"/>
</Context>

I think tomcat is case sensitive by default.  I had to add the "caseSensitive" attribute to
the top level <Context> node.

-----Original Message-----
From: Merico Raffaele [mailto:raffaele.merico@less.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:19 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: caseSensitive on Windows XP

Dear Community

I am developing a web application based on Tomcat 5.5. and on Cocoon 2.1.8.
I am doing all the work on a Windows XP platform. Now, somehow, I have seen filenames are
not treated case-sensitive. In order to change this behaviour on Tomcat level I added the
following line to the conf/context.xml file:

<Context>
  <Context path="/V2D" docBase="V2D" caseSensitive="false"/> </Context>

But I did not really changed anything. The case sensitivity is still ignored. Does anybody
can give me a tip, how to set the case sensitivity?

For your support many thanks in advance ... Raffaele

Raffaele Merico
LESS Informatik AG
Böhnirainstrasse 14
CH-8800 Thalwil

Tel: +41 44 723 12 22
Dir: +41 44 723 92 45
Fax: +41 44 723 12 23

mailto:merico@less.ch

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for
use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil &
Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution
of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited.