tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Hotspot_compiler for tomcat as win service?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:10:17 GMT
> From: Caldarale, Charles R
> Subject: RE: Hotspot_compiler for tomcat as win service?
>
> Some experimentation shows that either the -XX options aren't
> really getting picked up, or the output from the same is
> getting thrown away. (E.g., I tried -XX:+TraceClassResolution
> and couldn't find the output in any of the log files.) Hmmm...
>
> More research required.

Finally got some time to play with this a bit more.  The -XX options are
handled properly by the tomcat5w.exe, but you have to set the logging
level to Info or better to see any of the output, such as that from
-XX:+PrintGCDetails.  Any such JVM-generated messages go into
jakarta_service_*.log by default.

 - Chuck

P.S.  Don't set -XX:+TraceClassResolution if you want the server to come
up in your lifetime...

and its attachments from all computers.