tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <>
Subject RE: Fw: Servlet problem
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:30:40 GMT
> From: Mark Whitby []
> Subject: Re: Fw: Servlet problem
> If nothing is found then it redirects the user to
> searchnone.jsp.  If an item or more than one item
> is found then the page will redirect to itemlist.jsp
> or matchlist.jsp

As a previous poster pointed out, there's a difference between redirect
(requiring a round trip to the client) and forward (a server-only
mechanism).  Which is it that you want to do?  (Your code says one
thing, your words another.)

> I have the mapping twice yes, once for searchitem.jsp and once for
> searchmatch.jsp, which both use the same servlet - SearchServlet.

The above are your published mappings, copied and pasted from your
original message; these appear identical to me - both are for the
searchmatch.jsp pattern.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: