tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Hotspot_compiler for tomcat as win service?
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:31:39 GMT
> From: Paul Holmes-Higgin [mailto:paul.holmes-higgin@alfresco.org]
> Subject: RE: Hotspot_compiler for tomcat as win service?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion - I've tried adding that option as an extra
> java opt in service.bat, but it didn't appear to work.  Also, this is
> for a "portable" installation, so I can't rely on a full java
> installation (i.e. java options tab).

The Java options tab I'm talking about is the one shown by tomcat5w.exe,
not any with the JRE/JDK installation.

> One assumption in all of this is that if the hotspot_compiler
> file gets picked up, then I'll see some output in tomcat's log
> (as I do if I don't run it as a service).

Some experimentation shows that either the -XX options aren't really
getting picked up, or the output from the same is getting thrown away.
(E.g., I tried -XX:+TraceClassResolution and couldn't find the output in
any of the log files.)  Hmmm...

More research required.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.