tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Betr.: RE: Memory Management between different webapps
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:43:30 GMT
> From: Roel De Nijs [mailto:roel.denijs@aquafin.be]
> Subject: Betr.: RE: Memory Management between different webapps
>
> The problem we are confronted with: all our web-apps are
> running fine in our test-environment, even if workload is
> simulated to be very high. If we go to production environment
> (which is an exact copy of the test-environment) then tomcat
> gives OOME, sometimes 3-4 times a day.

Have you read this?
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/memory.html

Note that an OOME can result from a variety of problems other than
exhausting heap memory, including such things as running out of file
descriptors.  Turn on -verbose:gc to get an idea of what's happening
with the Java heap, and proceed from there.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.