tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Meredith <>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 documentation: how to update website?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:50:19 GMT
Hi all

Just spent time getting the script to work as a daemon
under linux following the advice on the url:-

"The Apache Tomcat 5.5 Servlet/JSP Container"

"The file $CATALINA_HOME/bin/jsvc/native/ can be used as a
template for starting Tomcat automatically at boot time from /etc/
init.d. The file is currently setup for running Tomcat 4.1.x, so it
is necessary to edit it and change the classname from
BootstrapService to Bootstrap."

If only I'd known works 'out of the box'  :-)

How can I update this page to help let people know there's an easier
option to get Tomcat using a startup script with rather

Many thanks

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message