tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Meredith <st...@sunblade.co.uk>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 documentation: how to update website?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:50:19 GMT
Hi all

Just spent time getting the Tomcat5.sh script to work as a daemon
under linux following the advice on the url:-

"The Apache Tomcat 5.5 Servlet/JSP Container"
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html

<quote>
"The file $CATALINA_HOME/bin/jsvc/native/tomcat.sh can be used as a
template for starting Tomcat automatically at boot time from /etc/
init.d. The file is currently setup for running Tomcat 4.1.x, so it
is necessary to edit it and change the classname from
BootstrapService to Bootstrap."
</quote>

If only I'd known catalina.sh works 'out of the box'  :-)

How can I update this page to help let people know there's an easier
option to get Tomcat using a startup script with catalina.sh rather
than tomcat5.sh?

Many thanks

Steve