tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hooper, Paul" <phoo...@msilm.com>
Subject RE: caseSensitive on Windows XP
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:24:23 GMT
Context path="/V2D" docBase="V2D" caseSensitive="true"/> </Context>

Thanks

Paul Hooper
Project Lion Configuration Manager
Mitsui Insurance London Market
Regent House
1-3 Queensway
REDHILL
Surrey
RH1 1NH
07956 847 505

-----Original Message-----
From: Merico Raffaele [mailto:raffaele.merico@less.ch]
Sent: 08 February 2006 14:19
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: caseSensitive on Windows XP

Dear Community

I am developing a web application based on Tomcat 5.5. and on Cocoon 2.1.8.
I am doing all the work on a Windows XP platform. Now, somehow, I have seen filenames are
not treated case-sensitive. In order to change this behaviour on Tomcat level I added the
following line to the conf/context.xml file:

<Context>
  <Context path="/V2D" docBase="V2D" caseSensitive="false"/> </Context>

But I did not really changed anything. The case sensitivity is still ignored. Does anybody
can give me a tip, how to set the case sensitivity?

For your support many thanks in advance ... Raffaele

Raffaele Merico
LESS Informatik AG
Böhnirainstrasse 14
CH-8800 Thalwil

Tel: +41 44 723 12 22
Dir: +41 44 723 92 45
Fax: +41 44 723 12 23

mailto:merico@less.ch

_Confidentiality notice: Whilst this company has procedures in place and
makes every effort to safeguard both Inbound and Outbound Emails, we cannot guarantee that
attachments are Virus - Free or compatible with your systems and therefore we do not accept
any liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. This e-mail and any
files transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged. They are for the intended recipient
only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, review, distribute, disclose,
alter, print, copy, transmit or rely on this e-mail and any file transmitted with it. If you
have received this e-mail and any file transmitted with it in error please notify the sender
or Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (London Management) Ltd Registered 4th Floor, 71 Fenchurch St,
London, EC3M 4BS Company Number 1063340 email: response@msilm.com

Syndicate 3210 (acting through its Managing Agent at Lloyd's), Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (London)
Limited and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited are all regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.