tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Crompton, SY \(Shirley\)" <s.y.cromp...@dl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: How to configure a separate security realm for an web application (Tomcat 5.5)
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:59:12 GMT
Hi

I want to use JNDIRealm to authentice users for one of my JSP application.  When the Realm
was defined in the server.xml, it works for all applications.  When I moved the Realm configuration
to the myweb/WEB-INF/context.xml, and restarted the application.  I also reloaded the application
using Tomcat Manager.  But I when I tried logging on to the application, it won't work.  I
have looked at the doc but find it a bit confusing.  May I just clarify if this arrangement
only work for deployment with a war file?  Are there any step-to-step guide available on how
to achieve this?  I have done a google but came up with very little useful example.

Many thanks in advance,

Shirley