tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Lacson <plac...@gmail.com>
Subject catalina.sh on os x
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:25:10 GMT
Hi all.

I've been trying to get tomcat 5.5.9 to run on Mac OS 10.4.4 and when I run
the stock catalina.sh script this is what I get.

$ sh catalina.sh
: command not found4:
'atalina.sh: line 48: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'atalina.sh: line 48: `case "`uname`" in

I then modify the catalina.sh script to comment out the OS check as follows:

# OS specific support.  $var _must_ be set to either true or false.
cygwin=false
os400=false
#case "`uname`" in
#CYGWIN*) cygwin=true;;
#OS400*) os400=true;;
#esac

But when I run it again it complains about:

$ sh catalina.sh
: command not found4:
: command not found2:
: command not found5:
catalina.sh: line 203: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
'atalina.sh: line 203: `elif [ "$1" = "run" ]; then

I don't see any mismatching if statements.. Anybody have a working
catalina.sh on OS X 10.4.4?

Thanks

--
Patrick