tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.15 Context Reloading issue
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:18:24 GMT
On 2/18/06, Jon Saville <apache@jonsaville.net> wrote:
> I'm seeing very similar issues on reloading since 5.5.12.
>
> I posted details on the 3rd Feb, but nobody seemed that
> interested...
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=113896054222793&w=2
>
> Question: what has changed in how log4 assets are used internally
> since 5.5.12? It looks like something is assuming a log4j asset
> is present, and doesn't like the log4j configuration being changed
> during a context reload.

I added some code to null out certain instances, and your shared log4j
setup doesn't like it (at least it's a likely possibility). Try to use
a JNDI based log4j setup (or similar, using one logging namespace for
all webapps is not clean), or don't share it.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat