tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rey Batioco <>
Subject Disable support for low encryption ciphers in tomcat 4.1.30
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 04:22:34 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Tomcat 4.1.30 stand-alone with j2re1.4.2_04 to serve HTTPS
connections. I would like to disable the support for low encryption ciphers
like SSL_RSA_EXPORT_WITH_RC4_40_MD5. I have seen from the following page
that these are the supported ciphers:

I would only like to maintain support for Medium and High encryption ciphers
which range with a strength of => 128.

I looked at the attributes that Tomcat 4.1 uses and it doesn't have the
"cipher" attribute which I could use to force the encryption suite to use.
I am not looking to upgrade my Tomcat anytime soon.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to correct me if I am also
taking the wrong way of solving this problem. Main goal here is to disable
the support for any Low Encryption on the Tomcat server. This is for added