tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hans Sowa <hanss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: starting with JNDI
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:32:36 GMT
Hi

I hope I had the same problem ;O)

My server.xml was correct but I did following steps to solve this problem:
1. I created a context.xml in my META-INF Folder. With this content:
<Context path="/xxxxContextNamexxxx" docBase="xxxxContextNamexxxx"
        debug="1" reloadable="true">
    <ResourceLink name="xxxblablbaxxxx" global="xxxblablaxxxx"
                              type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceLink name="xxxblablba2xxxx" global="xxxblablba2xxxx"
                              type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
</Context>
2.I guess you have a correct web.xml but anyway:
In the web.xml you need this lines.
<resource-ref>
        <description>xxxblablbaxxxxOracle Datasource</description>
        <res-ref-name>xxxblablbaxxxx</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>
    <resource-ref>
        <description>xxxblablba2xxxx Oracle Datasource</description>
        <res-ref-name>xxxblablba2xxxx</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

The String marked with xxx xxx has to be changed of course but this should
solve your problem.
My problem was that the context.xml was missing.

Hope this will help.

best regards Hans