tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Smith" <nat...@labpro2000.com>
Subject Re: Sad: Tomcat 5.5.x crashes almost every single day.
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:24:42 GMT
Another tool I find very useful is visualgc, which is part of the
jvmstat 3.0 package available here http://java.sun.com/performance/jvmstat.

You dont have to set anything up and its really lightweight. You could
probably run it in a production environment with hardly any impact on
performance, although I have not done that myself.

You just run jps which will give you the PID's for any java executables
currently running. Then run visualgc <PID> and it will pop up three
windows showing information about heap usage, garbage collection, class
file compilation, and so on.

Cheers.