tomcat-users mailing list archives

From lk <ce...@email.it>
Subject Re: How to separate tomcat instances?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:14:11 GMT
Peter Crowther wrote:
>> From: lk [mailto:cesto@email.it]
>> I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple
>> instances of tomcat.
>> I've read the documentation and I found out that I can configure
>> multiple workers to serve multiple instances of Tomcat.
>> But I haven't understood if in this way the contexts served
>> by a worker
>> are protected against a failure of the others workers?
>
> Each instance of Tomcat runs in its own Java virtual machine (JVM).
> Each JVM is isolated from other JVMs - so if one crashes, the others are
> OK.
>
>> Furthermore I would like to know if it is possible to run tomcat5 and
>> tomcat4 on the same server?
>
> Yes.  I do it regularly on this server when I'm testing compatibility of
> one webapp.
>
> 		- Peter

Thanks to Peter and Leon for the answers.

Today I was able to configure two different instances of Tomcat 4.1.31
and one of Tomcat 5.5.15, and they works simultaneously (integrated with
Apache2).
I'm not sure my solutions is correct: I have 3 different directory, and
each directory contains a complete binary distribution of tomcat.
And I have to startup each tomcat instance.
Is it the good way?

Bye

LuKe

 Sponsor:
 Prova GRATIS per 15 giorni! DVDNetRent e ricevi a casa 3 film. Puoi scegliere tra migliaia
di titoli
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4632&d=27-2